Menu Mondays: Meat on Special Edition

Sunday, February 9, 2014


  1. Meat on Special? It just means that a local supermarket, a very fine one, was having a sale on ground chuck (yes, I'm aware of the recall! We were not affected by the recall, no worries) and Bell and Evans chicken. So, I bought more than I usually would and threw it in the freezer. 
  2. What is a crepesdilla? I'm still in love with those masa crepes from Deborah Madison and I've decided to make quesadillas with them, instead of buying tortillas. Cheddar cheese was on sale, so I bought two blocks--one for mac and cheese (for lunches) and the other for the quesadillas. 
  3. Pasta was also on sale, so I bought a few different kinds. I already made spaghetti and meatballs last night. I bought pork sausage for the meatballs and I have some left, so I'm thinking penne with sausage and broccoli. 
  4. The little dude is starting to eat some food, so I've been roasting up sweet potato sticks for him, and he's had some of my oatmeal a few times. Very exciting times! 
  5. My girls love granola bars and so do use grown-ups, so granola bars tend to be a pricey purchase, since a box doesn't go far. I found a recipe for Nature Valley-style granola bars and it's pretty good! The website is ugly but don't let that scare you. Mine actually didn't come out that crunchy, I think, because I made my own brown sugar, and I was out of butter so I used oil instead. I also added flax seeds and cinnamon. http://www.budget101.com/scratch-recipes-storebought-items/honey-crunch-granola-bars-3421.html

1 comments:

  1. Wooo. We love quesadillas so much. Crepesdilla is fascinating me!

    ReplyDelete

« »

The Real Nani All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger