Where's the Menu?

Tuesday, September 30, 2014



Oh, yeah...where's my menu? I didn't post one last week either. But I have a good excuse...I promise.

I.
Went.
Back.
To.
Work.

Okay, yeah, it's only part-time but it's a huge change for our family in terms of our day-to-day operations and I'm still ironing out the kinks and getting settled.

This didn't really come out of nowhere, though. It just moved fast. I applied for a bunch of school-based, non-teaching positions in my area over the summer. I was called in to interview at a school in the next town over from me, and I was offered the job the same day. This was two Fridays ago. Since last week was the high holy days, I requested a start date of September 29th, this past Monday.  So, yeah, this week has been nuts. I'm working twenty hours-three full school days- but I'm out of the house early and it's nearly dinnertime by the time I round up the kids and get home.

Clearly, I need a new plan for keeping house and home. My husband takes up his share of slack when he gets home but the day-to-day operations fall to me, pretty much. More on that later when I get my act together.

In the meantime, I have a little office that is all mine. It was a little drab but my sister sent me flowers today at work!! Much improved.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I saw it on Facebook but happy to hear the background. Good for you!
    I've been booking photo shoots when the kids are at school. I LOVE doing weekdays because that leaves weekends free for more fun. I was losing my weekends for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great when the kids are in school and you have a little more flexibility as far as work goes, and not having to worry about childcare for those precious hours.

      Delete

« »

The Real Nani All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger