Twenty Thirteen

Thursday, January 3, 2013




Goals. I got 'em. Last year, inspired by a friend, I made a list of goals for 2012 and updated it once or twice throughout the year, as a note on Facebook. I had to force myself to go back and look at the list, since it had been quite a few months since I updated it. I wasn't sure that I had done well or even, not so bad. Needn't have worried! I definitely did better than I thought!
And now for this year, which I'm sharing here instead of just on Facebook:

  1. Creative Goals
    • Get an idea, then do it. Basically, follow through on my ideas instead of sitting on them and feeling bad about it. 
    • Practice uninhibited writing. I've signed up for an online writing course to help me with this goal! 
  2. Household Goals
    • Organize bedroom closet
    • More regular housekeeping 
    • Grow a kitchen garden
  3. Professional Goals
    • Acquire one new writing client
    • Take a certification course
  4. Personal Goals
    • Use my gym membership 2-3x/week
  5. Family Goals
    • Work with girls on cleaning up after themselves
    • Earlier bedtimes (This feels especially important, the closer we get to the BIG K!)
    • Go camping/hiking 2x a month between May and August. 
If I had to pick a word for 2013, it would be ACTION. It's time to stop thinking about doing things and actually start doing them. 

Also, how awesome is this crew?

_MG_5893
Bryer Photography, Albany, NY

4 comments:

  1. That photo is out of control cute!! I haven't even read the rest of it yet, I'm too busy kvelling over the amazing kids in your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thanks, Caitlin. The rest of the pictures are on Flickr, here: http://flickr.com/gp/nanirolls/2029r7

      Delete
  2. Oh boy.. those babies aren't babies anymore! I'm still working on my goal list for this year but it will be short and sweet. This is the year of doing more with less for me!

    ReplyDelete

« »

The Real Nani All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger